Got to a point that I had to call rostering and tell them that I was (gasp! ) WILLING TO WORK ON MY DAYS-OFF! How bizarre, never thought in my whole life that I'd do that!
Even felt a little nerdy by doing it but it's ok , they didn't call me anyway and I got to spend those days enjoying our beautiful Qatari summer weather.
The good thing is that I got to sort a lot of things out , some visa stuff for my annual leave , which I'm getting really desperate to get as I'm dying to see my family and also got to spend some more time toasting at the beautiful swimming pool that today wouldn't make me feel better as the water was also hot, so there was no relief whatsoever to the fourty-ish degrees Celsius temperatures here.
"Ramadan Kareem" for you people! We can't drink or eat in public , so standing by the pool under the Arabian sun without having any water is also a big issue.
By the time I got home , I was tired, sunburnt and dizzy...but I'm not complaining, had great company so it was definitely worth it.
So , I got my roster when I was in Rome and this is what I got:
- My month starts in Munich ( remember that I swapped that one for my Saigon?) where I'll have a short but nice layover good enough to go buy some scale planes at Herpa, some original and thick german Nutella and some Haribo cola gummies.
- Coming back and with minimum rest I'll go to London Gatwick. The original intention of that flight was to go with a friend who would show me around South London , but I got the flight and he didn't, so I have to go to London and do some japanese tourist sightseeing by myself ( and also buy some Wham candies ).
- Some days-off and one lovely Bahrain-basketball turnaround later, I am going to 'P'iliphines, to some city named Cebu. I requested this one because they told me it was cheap and there were some lovely beaches around the islands.
- Now things get hard as I got a nice round of Stand-by's together even though I've always been lucky with those , let's see if this month my love story with rostering still continues.
- Then things are even harder as Mr. Roster is always trying hard to send me to Dhaka, so as the first month , I got a beautiful Doha-Dhaka-Doha-Tripoli-Casablanca-Tripoli-Doha, being a total of six days in the roster with the same crew.
If you thought that was enough , arriving from Morocco I got minimum rest and got my monthly basis Dubai turnaround.
-Cairo follows ( this time on a A330 ) and then I'm off to some beaches again to beautiful Cebu!
That's basically it , I can't really say that my roster is gonna remain the same as it's always changing, normally for good.
Once again , Ramadan Kareem for you people, I am not fasting but still trying to lose some pounds in the new rowing machine.